"It's something that no previous legislature in America since the Civil War has ever had the audacity to impose."
This type of system, based on congressional districts THAT ARE SET BY THE RULING PARTY IN POWER AFTER THE MOST RECENT CENSUS, means that the power shift that might come from the majority of people in any given state is given short shrift. No significant change in the government should ever be possible, short of a widespread, total dissatisfaction with the ‘ruling’ party in every district in the country.
How do we say “bad idea”, boys and girls???
- hairtrending reblogged this from anindiscriminatecollection and added:
- anindiscriminatecollection reblogged this from motherjones
- devoidofallmorality likes this
- This was featured in #News
- This was featured in #Politics
- motherjones posted this